Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Slow and Then Warp Speed

After fifteen months of trying on our own we had the first meeting with the doctor to begin figuring out why two seemingly healthyish twenty somethings haven't gotten pregnant. DH's SA results are on the low end of normal, which granted us a quick pass on to the reproductive endocrinologist. Hey, I spelled that right on the first try, good for me. We were lucky to get in to see him in June instead of July, which was when the first available appointment was. However, something popped up when I was on the phone with the receptionist, so I'm thankful for that. We'll be going on Himselfs birthday, sorry hon. My doc ordered the beginnings of the tests, an HSG and CD 21 progesterone test. I'm super nervous about the HSG. I'd like to say I'm being brave and thinking that labor and being a Mom will be much harder, but the pay off at the end of a test is cramping, so not the same motivation. (ok, cramping, hopefully clear tubes and increased fertility for a few months)

It's funny to be here after the last year of not really thinking anything was wrong. Maybe nothing is wrong, but maybe there is. At this point I'm both sadder about and encouraged by the miscarriage. We did manage it once and maybe we can do it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliza said...

sounds like you're making progress! Hopefully the tests won't be as bad as you imagine them to be!

I just made an appointment for a consultation with a RE. We have had no tests done, just want to see where we are...

May 19, 2009, 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home