Monday, September 7, 2009

1st Month Under my Belt

I got through the first month of treatment pretty unscathed and also not knocked up. The Clomid wasn't bad, some pain where the cyst is and closer to O time, pain on both sides. The cyst is remaing at the 12 mm size that it was last cycle, so it's still hanging out there, but it isn't large enough to stop treatment. The trigger shot was easy peasy. The waiting was the hardest part and learning it hadn't produced a baby was even harder. The good news is I responded VERY well to treatment. My FSH dropped to 6, my ovaries produced two nice size follicles and my progesterone was 37.9, very high. All in in all it really was a success. A success I hope to repeat this cycle with an even better result.

The Clomid has been slightly more side effect inducing this time, or maybe I'm just being a bitch for no reason. Either way I've been hanging out alone knitting a lot when I'm at home. Some women have more side effects the second time around, or maybe it is because I couldn't get in for acupuncture until Wednesday, the last Clomid day. I don't know, I'm doing the best I can to stay sane and not let the monster inside spring forth and bite anyone's head off.

Unless they really deserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home